Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Erin Jimenez and Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory

I am participating in an undergraduate research program in the Watson School of Biological Sciences at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory. Under the guidance of Dr. Robyn Johnston in Dr. Dave Jackson's Lab, I will be studying the mechanisms that determine phyllotaxy in abphyl1 and abphyl2, maize mutants. In addition, I will further define the position of the abphyl2 gene by positional cloning. My project is very different compared to what I study in The Koehler Lab at UCLA. However,the challenge of learning something new and mastering more techniques excites me. 

CSHL is beautiful! I have never been anywhere as serene and natural as CSHL. The people are amiable and the students in the program are making my experience memorable. I recently submitted an abstract about my research and presented a formal talk to my peers. I am having an awesome time at CSHL!

Thank you MARC!

Erin A. Jimenez

No comments: