Thursday, September 4, 2014

Luis Gonzalez, Summer 2014, Blog Post 2

Hello everyone it is Luis again and I just wanted to update everyone with what has been going on since the last time. I was able to use the b-galactosidase assay, shown below, to show that there is in fact a direct interaction between a-tubulin and g-tubulin. I was also able to identify a domain within g-tubulin, which is essential for this interaction to occur. The varying intensities of yellow correspond to the various versions of g-tubulin used to carry out the experiments.


This is the last week for the students who are only here for 9-weeks and therefore we are had our symposium on Wednesday and Thursday. Everyone had a great presentation and poster session and I really enjoy hearing about the research they conducted throughout the summer. It was an amazing experience and opportunity to meet everyone from the SSRP 2014 cohort, shown below, and I know for a fact that it will not be the same when I am here alone at Kairos the following week.


This summer was fantastic and I enjoy all of the group activities we had, which included a scavenger hunt in San Francisco, movie nights, barbeques, and social gatherings. I hope everyone had a great summer experience and cannot wait to meet all the new members of the MARC program.


No comments: