Tuesday, September 2, 2008

UCLA - Summer in the Portera Lab

Hi again,

After 10 weeks in the lab through the Amgen Scholars Program, I am happy to say I had a frustrating (ie little data..), yet enjoyable summer experience. I'm not done yet, though.. I'm here for a few more weeks! :) Basically, I worked full-time in the lab and participated in programs provided by the Amgen program and MARC, such as the MARC journal club. Social events with fellow student researchers made the paper- and poster-making processes less stressful. :) Either way, the SPUR poster session was pretty fun! I thank my fellow student researchers and lab for their support at the poster session and for the entire summer. Although I was never able to get my intended summer project to work, I think it may pan out eventually and I am currently reading a lot to see if I could try another project. I'm motivated to continue to work just as hard and I look forward to various MARC events in the coming school year. :)

My awesome roomie, Vicky, from UIndy!

The UCLA Amgen scholars at the Amgen HQ in Thousand Oaks.

My post-doc mentor and I at the SPUR poster session.


No comments: