Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Huong At NYU


My sister and I after we finished a five mile race at Central Park

When I first arrived



The Metropolitan Museum's Rooftop Exhibit

Hey guys sorry for the late response but I could not figure out how to write a blog. Well I am living in an NYU dormitory that is steps away from Union Square. I am working in Dr. Canary’s lab in the NYU Chemistry department. I am part of the Science and Engineering of Soft Materials and Interfaces (SESMI) REU program. My project this summer is to crosslink DNA to peptides using click chemistry and native ligation reactions. I am in the lab everyday but on the weekends I visit my sister, who lives in Brooklyn. I have eaten a lot of great foods and visited great places. For example, I went to Coney Island to watch Olympic Gold medalists Kerri Walsh and Misty Mae play volleyball. I also went to the Yankees game, which was very fun. For all those who are in New York I recommend going to a small “play” called Fuerza Bruta. It is an interactive play. There are full of surprises. I have never experienced anything like it. To top it all off, Susan Realegeno came to visit me for three days. It was nice to see a familiar face. I hope to read more of everyone’s blogs because they are great.

No comments: