Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Eric Sosa- Post 2



Hello everyone!
I hope you are all having an amazing summer experience. As the summer continues, I have been able to learn many more techniques. Just a few days ago I learned many new codes for constructing Principal Components Analyses (PCA) and correlation matrices which will be pivotal for analyzing and interpreting our many sequencing libraries. Our project is now fully underway as we have begun to make in-situ hybridizations of genes that we believe are important early Wnt targets and regulators. The next few weeks in the lab will without a doubt very long, but nevertheless very exciting. In a few days I will also be teaching medical students at UCLA how to cut embryos in order to visualize the germ cell layers during gastrulation. This is exciting because it gives me an opportunity to branch out and make the research come to life to students from varying academic backgrounds. So far my summer has been an amazing one. Until the next time!

All the best,
Eric 







No comments: