Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Oye Bosompra - Blog 3



Hey everyone,

I can’t believe we are coming to the end of summer and I would probably say I am the saddest about it. I’ve gotten to do so much more this summer than I imagined I would, both inside and outside of the lab! Recently in lab, we’ve been running Co-IPs to observe at what levels of short RECK is its interaction with long RECK greater than long RECK’s typical interaction with matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) – while MMPs help facilitate cancer migration and invasion through the ECM, previous studies show that long RECK’s interaction with them suppresses tumor metastasis. Also this past week, my family came into town to visit for a few days and I went to Six Flags twice because I bought a season pass! Overall, I’m going to miss staying in Gardenia, getting to know the SMC students, enjoying the amazing weather (I’m from Bakersfield), and experiencing the taste of freedom within the world of research. I’m so grateful for this experience and I’m sad to say bye to everyone, but I’m excited to see what MARC has in store for us for the next two years!

Best,

Oye











We tried holding hands but it didn’t work out… But X2 is definitely the best ride at night!
                                                                                                                            

 


















The undergrad corner! Omar leaves in two weeks (he’s from Middlebury College in Vermont), and Elif and Mona will be here in the year!

No comments: