Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Tien Phan, Post 2



Greetings from Seattle!
I can’t believe the summer has gone by so fast!
I hope everyone’s research is going well. Mine encountered a few hiccups here and there. For a while, nothing seemed to work. It was frustrating, but I learned the importance lesson of how to deal with failures in research. But everyone in the lab, especially my direct mentor and PI, have been very supportive. Everything is starting to pick up now! Sadly, the UW summer program also ends soon, so I have requested to extend my research experience in Dr. Moon’s lab for 2 weeks, meaning that I won’t be leave until mid-September.
My best friend Mai is visiting, and since her arrival I’ve been spending more time out of the lab and exploring Seattle. We went to farmer's markets, visited art museums, and tried the local seafood (I’m IN LOVE with the fresh and delicious seafood here!). Hiking is next on the list.
Peace out!
Tien

At Fremont Sunday Market with the bestie
Paddling in a lake full of beautiful water lilies at the HHMI picnic


EAT ALLLLL THE CRABS!!
The BEST, TASTIEST, MOST FLAVORFUL oysters!


1 comment:

Benni Vargas said...

I hope you continue to have this upward trend of success in your lab! You are making me very hungry with your seafood pictures!