Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Arielle Tripp, Blog 3



Greeting fellow young scientists,

My summer program was completed a few weeks ago. I am glad to be back home and working in my usual lab at UCLA for the next several weeks for the remainder of summer. I truly enjoyed spending the summer away in another lab. Now that I’ve returned to my usual lab though, I realize how much I missed being able to work and function more independently. Hahaha, it’s rather nice to not have a stranger breathing over your shoulder at regular intervals, checking in to make sure you aren’t lost or haven’t screwed something up. In the future, I will most likely pursue research more closely related to the research I did this summer than to what I usually research. My summer research was in the field of neurosurgery (neuro-oncology), while in contrast, my usual research is in the field of neurology (specifically, neurodegenerative diseases). Although, I’m not terribly fascinated with brain cancer research, I am excited to conduct neurosurgery research related to topics, such as stroke, traumatic brain injury, and other related brain disorders. Also, in the future I hope to return to work at the Brigham and Women’s hospital where I did my summer research. I loved everything about the hospital and all of the people I met while there.

-Tripp

A glamorous shot of me with a few people from my program in front of the lovely Brigham and Women’s hospital main entrance.

A fun day out on the town with all of the people in my program and our advisers.

No comments: