Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Brian Perez Blog 2


Just hanging out by one of the many
Stanford fountains
It is now the start of the fourth week of the Stanford Summer Research Program and I have now ordered everything I need in order to conduct quantitative PCR which will give my project on cardioprotection new data to analyze. I have also taught a high school student to conduct CPK assays which I think was a good teaching experience for me. I am still working on mastering the western blot techniques so that I can then obtain more data for my project. By the end of the week I will attend this year’s Amgen Scholars U.S. Symposium held at UCLA! I will be coming back home for the weekend, so I will have a chance to hello to some friends of mine.

This last weekend I also celebrated my birthday. I was fortunate enough that my family came to visit me all the way from Riverside. It was great to see my family again. We spent the day touring Stanford’s campus and then went to check out the Golden Gate Bridge at San Francisco.
  
At the Golden Gate Bridge!


On the 4th floor of Li Ka Shing Center for Learning and Knowledge Building (LKSC)


 


No comments: