Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Richard Flores Blog 1



     This week was my first official week starting the SPUR program here at the lovely campus of UCLA. The orientation and talk of upcoming events has me excited for what the rest of the summer has in store. But most importantly, I truly feel as if my life is on a path I was destined to take, the path of a  scientist. Thanks to programs such as CARE scholars and MARC, the far off dream of becoming a scientist, is quickly growing into reality. This is quite remarkable for me because I had this doubt, however slight, in the back of my head that a PhD was out of my league. Scientist are super smart people, and I felt as if there was no way I could ever achieve such a fantastic feat. Yet this week I stood tall, surrounded by incredibly intelligent and ambitious students, who like me, want to pursue the noble career path of a scientist. It is both inspiring and empowering.  

 In the library at UCLA!


Working in the lab.



No comments: