Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Ivan Flores Blog 2

Research has been going well so far. I am continuing to trouble shoot my cell culturing experiments by collecting cells on coverslips at different time points to be assayed for differentiation. At the same time, I have also begun to study the effect that IL-10 has on the transcription factor MyoD on quadricep muscle in vivo. This approach comes from qPCR data showing that MyoD is upregulated in IL-10 treated mice. Hopefully, everything goes well and the data I collect shows positive results. Other than research, I am still studying for the GRE and become more inspired to be accepted to graduate school. The mentoring on personal statement writing and advice that is given at the seminars greatly help with planning for graduate school early on. 

1 comment:

DDS said...

It is great to hear that you are becoming even more inspired. Summers are great for research!! Best, DDS