Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Nancy Morones, Post 1



      My name is Nancy Morones and I have been working in Dr. Karen Lyons’ lab within the department of Orthopaedics. I am continuing on a new project throughout the summer at my home institution, UCLA.  Although it has already been two weeks, I am still getting used to the pace of my new project, which involves a characterization of BMP signaling interactions with Smad proteins and target genes. So far there have been a lot of great seminars and workshops to learn from offered by UCLA CARE SEM SPUR and I am making a lot of progress with my experiments. Being able to work full-time, I have been able to work with new techniques from what I did not have the chance to learn during the school year and I have also had more time to read more scientific literature. With this fantastic start, I look forward to growing as a scientist for the summer and upcoming academic year.


I'm excited to be working full-time!

In the lab at UCLA



No comments: