Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Rachel Lopez, Post 1



     For the summer I came to the University of Washington to Dr. Robb MacLellan’s lab in the department of Medicine and Cardiology. I’ve only been here a few days and I have been enjoying my time here. I was really excited to see that I was in a lab that had windows and that was not found in the basement. I’ve seen some really cool stuff including plated cells beating. Dr. MacLellan’s lab is quite different than my lab at UCLA. Everyone has been very welcoming here. Dr. MacLellan is surprisingly around pretty often. I figured he wouldn’t be around much because he practices but I’ve seen him every day so far. Since I came right before Fourth of July I had more time to familiarize myself with the city. It’s a beautiful city and much more biker friendly than LA. I had the opportunity to go watch the firework show and I have to say I was very impressed with how patriotic it was.  

 
Here’s a picture while waiting for the fireworks
Here’s a picture of the fireworks
And here’s a picture of one the lovely lakes I ran into while exploring

1 comment:

A.Tripp said...

Hi Rachel,

Hope you're having a great summer. What kind of research does Dr. MacLellan's lab conduct? Also, what will your project be investigating specifically? I've always wanted to visit Seattle, would you mind sharing more about what the city, people, and weather is like there?

Best, Tripp.